Friday 3 April 2015

Strength Journal Page

Hi everyone,

I have long admired Roben-Marie Smith's work.   Her use of colour and simple, but effective shapes just pulls me into her pages.  

I often wish that I could create pieces like hers... but fear of failure often stops me from even trying.  So one Sunday afternoon a friend had to cancel our planned trip to the cinema, and instead of just drooling over pictures of her work I decided to get off my bottom and follow along to one of her great videos.  The video I chose was this one, though I decided to just work in my journal rather than create the mail art.


I used PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints in similar colours to her choices (Snowflake, Little Black Dress, Limelight, Eggplant, TangoBora Bora, Pumpkin Soup, Claret and Hey Pesto). Also, a Stabilo All black pencil, a Derwent Charcoal black pencil, a waterbrush, a White Extra Fine Sharpie pen and a black pen.  My tools were PaperArtsy Stencil PS001, some sequin waste, a palette knife, book text, a glue stick, and various size paint brushes.   The quote is from the "As I See It" Unity Stamp set.


A close up of each page...



I was soooooo pleased with the finished result.   I had no idea that using different "tools" (ie. pencils, paint, pens etc) in the same colour, could give such detail and depth.   I had so much fun that I made some cards with the same techniques ... which I will post another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment